Recent Code Improvements for Robustness

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2014 at 6:29 PM
I have been making numerous changes to prevent GraphSynth2 from crashing. It has already run fine on my machine and have wondered why it didn''t work on others. \r\n\r\nIf you''ve tried this software before and given up on it because it crashed, please try again and/or let me know what agony you faced. Also, I am happy to receive the ErrorLog.txt file, now found in your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GraphSynth folder.\r\n\r\nSome interesting patches:\r\n<li>issues with "international cultures" (microsoft''s term not mine) that use comma and dot differently to separate numbers. This how now been fixed.\r\n<li>issues with the UAC (microsoft''s security settings that don''t allow me to write back to the exe directory) has also been fixed.\r\n\r\nFinally, I should point out that various users are having trouble with the updater. If the updated version doesn''t run well, please try a fresh install. Sometimes the included DLLs change and the installer won''t overwrite on your machine (especially if you have them linked to a plugin that you are developing).', 'I have been making numerous changes to prevent GraphSynth2 from crashing. It has already run fine on my machine and have wondered why it didn''t work on others. \r\n\r\nIf you''ve tried this software before and given up on it because it crashed, please try again and/or let me know what agony you faced. Also, I am happy to receive the ErrorLog.txt file, now found in your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GraphSynth folder.\r\n\r\nSome interesting patches:\r